Only if you’re old enough to remember, try answering these questions:
First off, the big one: what did you do before the Internet?
And now, breaking it down:
- When you were watching a tv programme and couldn’t quite remember where you’d seen that actor before, how did you find out?
- How did you find time to leave work early to go to the bank to transfer that money from one account to the other?
- When you were studying, how did you juggle the challenge of only being able to take out a limited number of books at one time from your college library?
- How on earth did you diagnose that pain/injury/illness/virus/general malaise you were feeling?!
- How did you ever manage to declutter your home and sell on your cast-offs?
- How did you get your messages out to a wide audience? (Literal soap boxes and celebrity status notwithstanding.)
I could go on.
Now you try. What are the questions you’d pose about life before?